Put Your Video to Work
THERE'S AN EASIER WAY TO MANAGE YOUR OCCUPANCY RATES
Requires 360iQ or MyDTT Subscription
THREE DISPLAY OPTIONS
24 IN EXTERIOR MONITOR
- We recommend this monitor be mounted outside your location for easy visibility to customers when entering
- Monitor is sealed in metal case, safe for outdoor use
- Power & HDMI connections required
19 IN INTERIOR MONITOR
- Install this monitor within the immediate interior of your location(s) to signal to customers if you are over capacity
- Easy mounting & set-up; mount & cables included
10 IN TABLET
- Place the locked tablet stand anywhere customers need to know if they should wait to enter
- Choose from interior or interior/exterior options
- Most flexible, multi-purpose option
- Requires Wi-Fi & charging; battery lasts up to 10 hours
LEARN HOW IT WORKS
DTiQ OCCUPANCY MONITORING FAQ
DTiQ Occupancy Monitoring service works by using a current location’s equipment, simply, we use the server to capture static images from the existing cameras at pre-defined intervals, send to the cloud where we analyze how many people are in the images.
Once we have the total, we compare against the pre-defined max and give you a percentage range of fullness. This can be displayed on an external panel by the doors or inside your restaurant then additionally in MyDTT or 360iQ applications.
We can measure the volume of people every 2, 5 or 10 minutes.
DTiQ’s smart algorithm is looking for outlines of heads. Thanks to the method of using static pictures, it doesn’t matter if the person is standing, sitting, running or eating.
It works on most 360iQ and My DTT system under 3 years old. It’s worth noting that all cameras are a little different, in order to give a reliable solution, it’s best if the location has very good coverage in all public areas.
Simply, if we can clearly see it, we can count it with 90% accuracy today. Even if the person is right at the edge of your cameras’ views, we can typically detect them. That also goes for if the persons are clustered together.
In low light areas the results are less accurate.
We use a four step approach.
- Firstly, our experienced team members will take a look at the current store configuration. After which we can tell you if you are ready to go, or if a minor adjustment will be needed, which we will guide you through – most often it is minor adjustments to the angles of the cameras – If we cannot see the customer areas we cannot count accurately.
- The installation of any signage (if applicable) will be completed by DTiQ qualified techs.
- Next, we will look to map your dining area, remove any overlapping cameras and configure the system to get the best possible counting scenario. To do this, we might need the help from someone at the store to simply walk around the location to ensure we have removed all overlaps.
- Finally, we set up tracking agains your occupancy numbers – the current limit allowed in your location. We will agree on a buffer and the system is ready to go.
DTiQ will install one of 4 options in your store, this can be outside the front door or inside depending on your need. The digital sign will simply tell your customer if they can or cannot enter the restaurant.
Most solutions use a simple stereoscopic counter about the doors which count people as they walk in, it works great until you factor in, pushchairs, prams, people walking together, backpacks etc. Often they can be counted incorrectly in and out again meaning as time goes on, the numbers get progressively worse.
Imagine, if your restaurant has a limited occupancy of 50, each hour the counter miscounts 4 people as they exit the restaurant. By lunch your location is going to show as partially full, when in fact it’s nearly empty.
DTiQ can help start counting your traffic today without the full expense and investment of buying & installing new parts and subscriptions.