- Traffic down?
- Travel restricted for District Managers?
- Less staff on-site?
- Locations temporarily closed?
- Operating as take-out, delivery or curb-side only?
People everywhere are practicing social distancing to minimize the spread of the virus—we’re all going through this period of modified operations together. What can we do to ensure the best until we reach the other side?
Here are 5 things you can do today to ensure excellence during this time of restricted or limited operations:
1. Remote management
- Mobility: Ensure district managers, head office and other key personnel have mobile apps to “see” what’s really happening in real-time
- Virtual meetings: Use tools to be face-to-face with in-store staff
- Reporting: This may be even more important now than ever, the metrics will be crystal clear when your modified operations are analyzed digitally
- Custom Views: Our platform is specifically customized so all key roles (DM’s, Owners, etc.) get only the view THEY need
If you’re not already a customer, DTiQ offers:
- Mobile app for every user
- Transaction, traffic and video dashboards
- Analytics of productivity, loss, theft increase
2. Motion alerts
You may have a million dollars or more invested in your restaurant—protect it while you’re not there.
- Real-time alerts if someone accesses restricted areas during restricted times
- Irrefutable evidence of incidents for authorities or insurance adjustors
- No alarms? No problem! Motion detection on your cameras triggers alerts so you know to review potential breaches
- Protect your restaurant assets – have a triage process to respond to alerts and incidents, cover claims, provide security and more
3. Real-time visibility
Are you doing more business through delivery or curb-side pickup? Is your drive-thru traffic increasing?
- Video provides real-time visibility to how your team is performing
- Ensure you have exterior video surveillance coverage
- Monitor your curbside pick-up and link the video to every transaction
- Speed-of-service and customer count metrics maximize productivity for these exterior-engagements
- Transaction alerts enable you to ensure there is no uptick in sweetheart discounts, food theft or other fraudulent activities
4. Ensure cleanliness and hygiene measures
Your #1 goal right now is to attract consumers to your locations and we have the tool to help with that. Customers are cautious right now—and it’s up to you to let them know you’re dedicated to their health and safety. Our new Cleanliness/Hygiene SmartAudit™ can replace your existing audit or be added as a second audit.
- Post schedules, create checklists and track process and tasks adherence with certified third-party auditors
- Audit for compliance, so you can coach for improvement
- Post our complimentary signage that tells your customers of your commitment to cleanliness standards that prevent disease spread
5. Manage Your Risk
Incidents of loss are already spiking by 50%. The double whammy of reduced revenues and increased loss is extremely painful. As your team members are under more financial pressure, your business is an “opportunity”. We had two outright cash deposit thefts today, plus a significant increase in fraud across all locations within the last week.
*Fraud Capture Rate (FCR) – Utilizes DTiQ’s Proprietary Metric of Explicit Transactional Fraud Across a Cohort of 10,000+ locations
- Remote video access to spot-check during high-risk opportunities
- SmartAudits™ to routinely monitor specific activities and behaviors
- Irrefutable, time-stamped video evidence to support fraud claims
- Surveillance in place as a deterrent to team members
Video services that support remote management play a critical role in restaurant operations, even when you cannot physically be there. Now more than ever, intelligent video will help you and your teams manage, monitor and protect your business across locations.